About Me

My heart evolves around God, people-when it is within my power to lift up a broken spirit or help in some way, and animals.
On this page I will share a few photos/snapshots and possibly a few stories, about some of the animals and birds that crossed my path.

In the picture above I am holding Chloe. Chloe is now loved and cherished by Lillian and Shannon Rodgers.
Captured below is a beautiful afternoon horse riding, a couple of years ago, with my pet home Yasmine who attended a wedding in Orlando and
came to visit us afterwards. She spotted the farm on her way here and I was up to the challenge. Initially I had fear of horse after listening to the
story of a woman kicked and injured severely by her horse, when I was a child.
Even though my first love will always be Muddy, the chemistry between me and Sheik has been
wonderful and I fell in love with him as well.
It's been so hard to leave him behind...
Canoeing on the scenic Rainbow river. Having had my sweet darling Juno with me made the ride perfect.
Feeding a young squirrel I found as baby, starving, in a shop vacuum hose.
With Nicole Jarvis, Siela's adopting mom. A wonderful mother and person. Picture taken by her husband, Ronnie.
Enjoying a breezy afternoon horse ridding two years ago, with Marinella, Ollie's mom, who came to visit us during a dog show.
The connection I felt with Muddy was fascinating. I fell in love with her. In fact she came towards me when her
owner first attempted to call her back into the trailer. That is how the horses captured my heart forever.  
Thank you Yasmine for an unforgettable experience!
Feeding Seagulls with Juno and his mom, Neola.
My darlings warming my heart.
Running freely..... It felt like we were owning the beach......
A very special and dear dove I adopted years ago. Half the patio was located in front of the master bedroom and his
basket was hanging under the fascia in front of the sliding doors. Every evening, as soon as he would see the bedroom
lights turn on, he would start cooing until I would bring him in. For about 10 -15 minutes he would enjoy being petted
while preening me laying flat on my chest with his wings spread apart and his eyes closed.
Some of the sweetest memories I experienced in this life!
He had been also very protective of me and jealous of my doggie Spirit whom he would chase away from me
by bowing and cooing in front of him and jumping towards him trying to nip him. Spirit, who otherwise was
convinced he was a lion trapped in a doggie body, had great respect for my dovie's teritory and always tried to
hide behind me for shelter.

One day I was sugested to run away from Spirit so we could see how they will sort out their ground. The
people witnessing the scene confessed they weren't sure what was more hilarious; a dove chasing a doggie
who was running after me for protection, or a fully grown woman running from one wall to the other.

In spite of the heavy tasks remodeling, they provided me with unforgettable times that I will cherish forever.

Below my angel doggie Spirit was enjoying some bread crumbles with my doves.
Below I stepped onto the patio to take a break and enjoy a snack in my doves' company. As always, ever since I tamed
them, they landed on me, curious to see what I was eating.

"Ooops, somebody is slipping!"
"Now that he gave up and flew on a perch, you can have my piece of....chicken.... I guess..."
As odd as it might sound, that is exactly what I was attempting to eat. Initially I taught them to eat seeds
from my lap. Afterwards they assumed they could also have whatever food I was eating myself...
"My hair and...... my meal!"
Nowadays I am vegan. Not because of religious beliefs or health reasons. Nor I am, or will be, associated with any organization. Besides
not wanting to eat a creature who experiences the same feelings and desire to live as most people do, my decision it is also an offering in
prayer so that animals and birds would not suffer pain when they are mistreated or killed by others.
In 2009 I became vegetarian but occasionally ate fish. Once I learned that fish also experience pain, I no longer ate any.
In 2012 I watched the movie Earthlings, along with a few other hidden cameras recordings that captured the life of diary cows. From
that day on I stopped consuming diary as well.
Other than that I am looking forward to the day when "The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young
goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; Their young
ones shall lie down together; And the lion shall eat straw like the ox. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth
shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord." (Isaiah 11:6-7, 9).
I serve a God after my own heart.
Feeding the younger generation of ducks, hatched underneath my window.
Feeding the adults in front of the house I lived in south Florida. I was feeding daily eighteen ducks
who made their home close by, near the lake, underneath some large oak trees. The outside wall of
my living room consisted mainly from glass panels. In the morning, as soon as the ducks would see
me stepping into the living room they would come running to tell me through the windows how long
the night it's been and how hungry it left them.
This is a Celebes Quail Dove born without feet I adopted from California. I made
her shoes out of rubber and wrapped them around her feet with flexible tape.
Isn't she adorable? :) A very sweet and gentle bird.
Enjoying my adopted doves (I bought several same model dresses, very comfortable.....That explains
why I wear them in most pictures around the house)
Picture taken at the Animal Kingdom in Orlando. Expressing love, the most beautiful feeling.
This is how it all happened; I was driving towards the shop one morning and, as I exited the highway, I saw him
puffed up in the middle lane of the road. The cars were passing over him but I could tell he was alive. He most
likely flew too low and got hit by a car which left him dizzy.

I pulled over and I waited until the upcoming traffic stopped at the traffic light. I then ran quickly and I picked him
up. Once I made it home, in the afternoon, I placed him into the bathroom.

I had no knowledge whatsoever about caring for doves but he looked in perfect shape and even flew around the
bathroom. By the second day, he was willing to perch on my finger. I was in love. I've been very tempted to keep
him but knowing he previously enjoyed freedom I could not get myself to keep him confined, not even in the
screened porch. I had a few pictures taken as memories and afterwards I walked outside to release him.  
The first dove I have ever handled - a wild Ringneck Dove, also called Ringneck Turtle Dove.
To my delight he allowed me to approach him and perched on my finger.
Feeding raccoons at the edge of a wild habitat.
However, as soon as he took off a hawk came out of nowhere and flew after him. The dove panicked and when he reached the
top of the lake he suddenly dropped right into it. I started running towards the lake, screaming from the top of my lungs to
scare the hawk away, who in the meanwhile landed on the shore. When the hawk saw me he gave up on his prey and took

I brought the dove back inside and I called the Wild Life Care Center to notify them that I will be bringing them a wild
Ringneck dove. They release wild doves in groups which provides the doves with much more confidence.

Even though I have previously visited them with other injured wild life that crossed my paths, I have never been in their bird
sanctuary. After telling them that I bonded with my wild dove, they took me in the back and showed me their aviaries. One of
them was filled with a few dozens of doves born in captivity. They had been just brought into the rescue because their owner
passed away and were now available for adoption. That is how it started.

I left home with one dove and I returned with eight.  

They were flighty at first but slowly they came closer and closer. In a matter of days they began to land on my lap, one by one.

The newly purchased house proved to be infested with black toxic mold underneath the wall paper. The labor was
overwhelming. However, the doves have been a great blessing throughout the project. Every time I felt exhausted mentally
and/or physically, I only had to step on the patio and their company automatically detached me from reality.
The info above summarizes briefly my stand and where my heart is regarding our weaker inhabitants of the earth.
If you'd like to visit other pages within my website I wish you an enjoyable time browsing.
My last day with my lovely Sella, now loved and cherished by Sheron and Jim Cook.